The Metropolitan Manila Industry and Energy Research & Development Consortium (MMIERDC), a collaborative network among government agencies, private institutions, industry associations, and the academe, accepts R&D proposals for funding in the following areas: energy, food and environment.
Objectives and Functions
- Promote efficiency in research activities through possible sharing of resources of participating schools/institutions e.g. manpower skills, equipment, facilities, or even funding support
- Avoid duplication of efforts of common R&D activities and create opportunity for interaction among researchers in schools and the sectors concerned
- Create a mechanism for proper coordination, programming, development, and utilization of resources for related R&D works
- Foster interagency collaboration and participation of local government and private sector in industry and energy R&D activities
- Promote adoption and utilization of R&D output
- Develop an industry sector in NCR to become globally competitive
- Formulate an R&D Agenda for sectors that will be identified by the consortium
- Generate funding to conduct R&D activities
- Formulate the policies and guidelines related to the operation and implementation of activities of the consortium
- Plan and formulate integrated programs and projects relating to industry and energy for the social, economic and environmental stability of the region
- Develop strategies to generate funds to support the integrated regional R&D program, manpower enhancement activities and other collaborative activities
- Recommend research projects/programs to funding agencies through PCIERD
- Formulate and execute institutional mechanism to promote the consortium its functions
- Strengthen linkages with other sectors and regions.
- Confirm all appointments and memberships applications to the consortium.