The Department of Science and Technology - National Capital Region (DOST-NCR), an ISO-certified agency, is the lead agency for promoting science and technology, as well as DOST's programs and projects, in the Metropolitan manila area. Established through DOST Special Order Nos. 282 and 175, DOST-NCR provides technical assistance, training's and consultancy services to micro small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), local government units, the academe and non-government organizations.
The Agency's technical assistance and consultancy services are extended to clients coming from the following areas, which have been divided into four clusters for more effective service delivery:
MUNTAPARLAS (Muntinlupa, Taguig, Pateros, Parañaque, Las Piñas)
PAMAMARISAN (Pasig, Mandaluyong, Marikina, San Juan)
PAMAMAZON (Pasay, Makati, Manila, Quezon City)
CAMANAVA (Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas, Valenzuela)
1. To attain a very satisfactory customer satisfaction rating for the current year through the continual improvement of our QMS.
2. To deliver required S&T services according to mutually agreed terms and conditions and existing applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
DOST-NCR envisions of becoming the “growth center” in the National Capital Region for technological innovation and adoption of S&T contributing significantly to enhance productivity and competitiveness of the industry and spearheads the application of science and technology as a way of life
Committed to provide honest, effective and appropriate S&T service by facilitating the adoption of technological innovations and continously advocating for a vibrant S&T culture
Under Executive Order No. 128, the DOST-NCR shall:
Provide central direction, leadership and coordination of scientific and technological efforts, and ensure that the results therefrom are geared and utilized in areas of maximum economic and social benefits for the people
Assist the DOST in formulating and implementing policies, plans, programs, and projects for the development of science and technology; and for the promotion of scientific and technological activities for both public and private sectors, and ensure that the results of scientific and technological activities are properly applied and utilized to accelerate economic and social development
The DOST-NCR will promote DOST services and programs in the National Capital Region and will serve as the implementing unit of DOST agencies.
Mandated Core Functions
As per DOST Administrative Order No. 002 Series of 1989, the DOST Regional Offices shall be the focal points for the planning and implementation of S&T programs and projects in the regions. Specifically, each regional office shall assume the following functions:
1. Identify the needs and opportunities in S&T in the region.
2. Formulate a regional S&T plan consistent with and supportive of the regional and national development S&T plans.
3. Plan and implement programs and projects on R&D and the delivery of S&T services.
4. Monitor and coordinate programs and projects of DOST Councils, Institutes and support agencies in the region.
5. Develop institutional linkages with Regional Offices, other agencies, and local government and private organizations or entities for the effective planning and implementation of S&T programs in the region; and
6. Perform such other functions as may be directed by higher authorities as provided by law.
Rationalized Core Functions:
In accordance with the mandate of law and in response to the identified needs of specific regions, the DOST Regional Offices are tasked to:
1. Identify the needs and opportunities in Science & Technology (S&T) in the region;
2. Formulate and implement a regional S&T plan consistent with and supportive of regional and national S&T development thrusts;
3. Provide S&T interventions to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME’s) in the regions to improve their productivity and competitiveness in both local and international markets through the Small Enterprises Technology Upgrading Program (SETUP), the banner program of DOST for technology transfer and commercialization.